Weekly update 4 June 2021
Welcome to the latest edition of our weekly update.
This week, we have rounded up a number of news stories across SME schemes, employer updates, Covid support grants and pensions.
Cash boost for apprenticeships launched
Employers of all sizes in England can now apply for extra funding to help them take on new apprentices. The incentive scheme was originally confirmed by the chanceller in the spring budget.
- Businesses can apply to claim £3,000 for each new apprentice hired as a new employee
- To be eligible, employees must be hired between 1st April and 30th September 2021
Self-employed 5th Grant
If you are a self-employed, a fifth grant covering May to September 2021 will be open to claims from late July.
- The grant is taxable and will be paid out in a single instalment
- Guidance for claiming the grant will be available by the end of June 2021
Pension savers hoping to see all their retirement pots in one place online, will now likely have to wait until at least 2025 for the pension’s dashboard to be fully formed.
- The dashboards will allow savers to view all their various pension pots in one place
- This includes the government pensions and any private pensions
UK firms will be given further help to become more globally competitive in a new scheme to suspend tariffs on certain imports, lowering production costs.
- Firms will be able to apply for duties on goods they import to be temporarily reduced or withdrawn
- The scheme will allocate suspensions on any import that satisfies the criteria at Gov.uk
- CRJS: New template allows employers to upload details for claims of 16 to 99 employees
- HMRC: No returns for trustees reliant on small savings income until at least 2023/24
- UK manufacturing growth at 30-year high
Upcoming Key Dates:
For tax filing deadline and key dates in June 2021, click here
Bounce Back Loan Fraud investigations
EU VAT changes for UK retails businesses
Options for UK importers for dealing with Import VAT
Employers to chip in 10% in Furlough
Our service to you
If you are a self employed, business owner/director of company looking to get your accountancy and taxation matters sorted, look no further. We are pro-active and easily accessible accountants and tax advisors, who will not only ensure that all your filing obligations are up to date with Companies House and HMRC, but also you do not pay a penny more in taxes than you have to. We work on a fixed fee basis and provide same day response to all your phone and email enquiries. We will also allocate a designated accounts manager who would have better understanding of your and business financial and taxation affairs. Book a free consultation call using the link below.
Get further information from the following pages;
Get further information from the following blogs;
DROP US A LINE
020 3333 3000
MAIN OFFICE LOCATION
69-71 Lambeth Walk London SE11 6DX
Subscribe to our newsletter
Monday – Friday
- 9:00 am – 5:30 pm