Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme - SEIS
Like this page? Share it with your friends
SEIS Rates & thresholds
|Income Tax Relief
- SEIS relief is capped at the lower of 50% of the investment or the individual’s income tax IiabiIity.
- The relief applies to cash subscriptions of newly issued ordinary shares in unquoted UK companies that satisfy the HMRC criteria.
- Additional reliefs may apply such as the ability to carry back the investment to a prior tax year or relief for capital gains.
- Relief may be withdrawn if the shares are sold within a certain period.
- Partial relief for the loss on the disposal of SEIS shares can be relieved against income or capital gains.
- The shares may be sold free of capital gains tax, subject to certain conditions.
- Such investments should be discussed with an independent financial adviser who will consider the risk of the particular investment.
Our service to you
If you are a self employed, business owner/director of company looking to get your accountancy and taxation matters sorted, look no further. We are pro-active and easily accessible accountants and tax advisors, who will not only ensure that all your filing obligations are up to date with Companies House and HMRC, but also you do not pay a penny more in taxes than you have to. We work on a fixed fee basis and provide same day response to all your phone and email enquiries. We will also allocate a designated accounts manager who would have better understanding of your and business financial and taxation affairs. Book a free consultation call using the link below.