Fraud: Convictions & sentences - March 2022
Our service to you
If you are a self employed, business owner/director of company looking to get your accountancy and taxation matters sorted, look no further. We, at Naail & Co, are pro-active and easily accessible accountants and tax advisors, who will not only ensure that all your filing obligations are up to date with Companies House and HMRC, but also you do not pay a penny more in taxes than you have to. We work on a fixed fee basis and provide same day response to all your phone and email enquiries. We will also allocate a designated accounts manager who would have better understanding of your and business financial and taxation affairs. Book a free consultation call using the link below.
Get further information from the following blogs;
Like this page? Share it with your friends
Get in touch
Book a free call at time of your convenience
Subscribe to our newsletter
Install Naail & Co app
Install Naail & Co App on your Smartphone or Tablet. Tax calculators, business mileage tracker, deadlines & thresholds, business & tax news and much more!
Table of Contents
Trio sentenced over £593k VAT fraud
- Two people have been jailed and one sentenced for submitting fraudulent VAT repayment claims worth £593,000
- Director set up several companies between 2014-16 installing energy-efficient home improvements
- Director also transferred £350,000 out of his failing company
Care director banned for £296k of unpaid tax
- A boss of a care provider company has been banned for five years after owing HMRC around £296,000 in unpaid tax
- Company entered creditors’ voluntary liquidation which triggered an investigation by the Insolvency Service.
- Director had failed to submit company tax.
10-year director ban for £40k Covid fraud
- A mobile mechanic has been disqualified from being a company director for 10 years after he fraudulently took a £40,000 bounce back loan (BBL)
- Director was given the 10-year disqualification from the Insolvency Service
- The Insolvency Service is recovering the funds with £8,000 recovered to date.
Directors banned for failing to pay £70k tax
- Two company directors have been banned after they avoided £70,000 in tax due to bad record-keeping
- The company went into liquidation following a winding-up petition by HRMC.
- Neither director had ensured that the company’s accounts and records were adequately maintained.
£1bn VAT fraudster finally arrested
- After nine years on the run, ‘Britain’s most wanted woman’ has been arrested for her part in a £1bn VAT fraud
- She became a part of a huge criminal organisation which specialised in high-value fraud
- She used generated IP addresses to keep their operation untraceable online.
- In 2005, HMRC launched an investigation into the accounts after it noticed irregularities in the operation’s bank transactions.