Fraud: Convictions & sentences - 31 December 2021
Table of Contents
Director jailed for stealing £1.7m
- A company director has been jailed for five years and banned for 12 for stealing £1.7m.
- After sentencing, director said that I found buying horses ‘more addictive than drugs.
- Investigators from asset recovery team continue to make enquiries into any assets that have been gained as a result of director’s criminality.
Alcohol wholesaler banned over £600k unpaid tax bill
- Director was handed a director disqualification of seven years
- The company entered into creditors voluntary liquidation (CLA) which triggered an investigation by the Insolvency Service.
- HMRC claimed more than £757,000 from director.
- Director accepted the ban and did not dispute.
Restaurant directors who supressed 173k tax disqualified
- Both directors were handed director disqualifications for a total of 12 years.
- Business entered into creditors voluntary liquidation which caused an investigation by the Insolvency Service.
- company had suppressed their company takings by more than £173,000
- Directors admitted that they caused inaccurate tax returns to be submitted to HMRC by supressing their sales income.
Takeaway boss jailed for dodging £103k tax
- Director was sentenced to two and a half years in prison after submitting false tax returns.
- Director guilty to dishonestly failing to disclose to HMRC £107,333.98 in VAT, £10,162.20 in income tax and £5,403.13 in
- Director blamed his accountant for the tax discrepancies.
Brothers sentenced for avoiding £361k VAT
- Two brothers have been handed a collective suspended sentence of 40 months for failing to pay £361,203.34 in VAT on car sales
- The directors have both repaid the VAT owed back to HMRC.
- In an investigation by HMRC into director’s self assessment returns it was found that they failed to register their business.
- Checks by HMRC officers proved that both had fraudulently evaded VAT payments of £361,203.34.
Our service to you
If you are a self employed, business owner/director of company looking to get your accountancy and taxation matters sorted, look no further. We, at Naail & Co, are pro-active and easily accessible accountants and tax advisors, who will not only ensure that all your filing obligations are up to date with Companies House and HMRC, but also you do not pay a penny more in taxes than you have to. We work on a fixed fee basis and provide same day response to all your phone and email enquiries. We will also allocate a designated accounts manager who would have better understanding of your and business financial and taxation affairs. Book a free consultation call using the link below.
Get further information from the following pages;
Get further information from the following blogs;
Fraud: Convictions & sentences 30 September 2021
Fraud: Convictions & sentences 31 August 2021
Fruad: Convictions & sentences 1 August 2021
Fruad: Convictions & sentences July 2021
DROP US A LINE
020 3333 3000
MAIN OFFICE LOCATION
69-71 Lambeth Walk London SE11 6DX
Subscribe to our newsletter
Monday – Friday
- 9:00 am – 5:30 pm